This time of year can get very overwhelming, with deadlines to reach, school holidays to organize, presents to buy plus all the social engagements in the calendar!
Here’s a few tips to avoid the stress.
Practice saying no! Don’t over commit yourself to parties you don’t really want to go to.
- Take time to plan your meals each week, checking in with your events calendar so you don’t over prepare or under prepare, depending on how many nights out you have coming up.
Having nourishing balanced meals and health snacks on hand means you balance your blood sugar and your moods and therefore have energy to enjoy that Christmas party. Sign up to get your free 3 Day meal plan (for busy mum’s but for anyone really!)
Hack #1: You can prep a weeks worth of smoothies to make mornings easier.
- Knowing you might be busy means supporting your body and again being prepared. Supplementation can make a big difference; magnesium and B vitamins are depleted more quickly when under stress especially when you are consuming alcohol and caffeine.
Talk to your qualified naturopath to see which supplements are right for you. If you are not getting results from your supermarket/chemist brands it’s time get a better quality supplement: practitioner-only supplements are more bio-available and specific to your needs.
- Support your liver! Again in this time of indulgence it’s a good idea to support your de-toxification pathways to avoid those hangover!
Start your day with a big glass of water with either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Eat plenty of broccoli, cauliflower, spinach and kale to support your detoxification pathways and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Plan out your gifts and budget so this doesn’t stress you out. Try your hand at hand made gifts or how about the gift of your time. A cute handmade voucher for babysitting could be your sister’s dream come true!
- Consider buying experiences instead of stuff…massages, facials, meditation course, a spotify or audible book subscription.
- Ensure good sleep hygiene, getting the right amount of rest is crucial for how you cope throughout the day. Getting to bed before 10.30pm means a better quality night’s sleep. An hour of sleep before midnight is worth two after!
- Get out in nature. As the weather warms up, make sure you utilize it for exercise. Vitamin D is essential for our health, not just for bone health but our immune systems and even mood. Walk around the block at lunchtime and eat your lunch in a nearby park.
- Set family expectations before the big day. Can you agree on doing Secret Santa this year, to save gift buying craziness. Can you set a gift budget? Can you all bring a plate on the day?
- Take time to reflect on your year; write down all the highlights and learnings. Make sure they are all phrased in a positive light.
Jump into my 5 day FREE de-stress challenge …sign up today…we kick off on December 9th (If you missed this date, look out for my next challenge in 2020!)
- 5 delicious stress-free recipes
- One easy actionable step each day to get you through the busy festive season
- Tips to set you up for sustainable changes: body, mind & soul.
- Daily affirmations to keep you on track and being kind to yourself
- Join our Facebook group and be into win a prize!
- Overall it’s a time to celebrate!
Wishing you all a fun, happy festive season!
from your local Naturopath Jane McClurg at Blend Wellness
Click here to book a consult (I’m back on the 8th Jan 2020!!