I know you’ve all done it…I’m guilty of this too…buying supplements and not taking them! Too busy, too tired and just plain forgetting. But just think of that hard earned money sitting on the kitchen bench not doing anything for your health. And are you taking the right supplements for you? Take a read of my blog Too Busy To Choose the Right Supplement and Why Go Practitioner-Only
- The supplement days of the week "pill box" is super awesome for consistency. You know whether you've taken your supps or not! Perfect for busy people!
- Set a reminder on your phone, so you don't forget
- Print out your wellness plan that I have lovingly prepared for you...it comes with a handy table layout of how many of each thing to take and when! Book here for your Initial Naturopath Consult to get your personalised wellness plan.
- When taking capsules tip your head forward to swallow them...not back, as this closes the esophagus.
- Take at least an hour away from caffeine
- Check with your health care provider; generally take your supplements at least an hour away from medication to avoid any interactions.
- Always take the prescribed dose!! Its a therapeutic dose for a reason!
- Always take “when” prescribed…eg: B vitamins in the morning as they can be stimulating and Magnesium at night as it can be soothing and great for sleep.
- Seek professional guidance to get the best results. this ensures you are taking the right supplements for you and at the right dosages and that you are not doubling up on certain minerals which at certain levels can become toxic.
and most importantly
- View your supplements as an act of self-love not a chore.
Supplementation can be an excellent way to improve your health, however it doesn’t replace a balanced wholefood diet.
Don’t forget you can get a personalised wellness plan by booking in an Initial Naturopath Consult which includes an assessment of your diet as well as any supplements you maybe taking and then access to high-quality practitioner-only supplements and herbs tailored for you!